Friday, 12 February 2010

Partnership takes flight: NWT's Great Slave Helicopters 49% partner with Matawa First Nations

Partnership takes flight #YZF #NWT's Great Slave Helicopters 49% partner with Matawa #1stNations


"...A new helicopter service is closer to getting off the ground after a letter was signed Friday morning.

The potential joint venture between Matawa First Nations and Great Slave Helicopters would provide 55 helicopters for junior mining, hydro, forestry companies and anyone else needing service around Matawa territories, which includes the ring of fire.

Neskantaga First Nations Chief Roy Moonias, one of six Matawa chiefs to sign the letter of understanding, said the partnership would be the first of its kind for Matawa communities.

"It's going to give us the opportunity to engage businesses especially what's happening in Northwestern Ontario with the ring of fire," Moonias said. "It gives us very, very good business opportunities."

Matawa would control 51 per cent of the new company with Northwest Territories based Great Slave Helicopters holding the remaining 49 per cent. Along with a revenue sharing agreement, the company would provide scholarships and bursaries for pilot and aircraft maintenance engineering training programs for people in Matawa communities. ..."

Chat Skype: themediamentor Google Talk:

No comments:

Post a Comment