Friday, 03 June 2011
The Ungasiktumut Isumaksaqsiujuniq Leadership and Resiliency Program Committee invites applications for the following TWO YEAR TERM position with possibility of further extension.
Ungasiktumut Isumaksaqsiujuniq Leadership and Resiliency Program Coordinator in Arviat, Nunavut.
The Ungasiktumut Isumaksaqsiujuniq Leadership and Resiliency Program is a community and school-based crime prevention project designed to build inner strength and resiliency in at-risk youth ages 14 to 19.The program consists of three components: Resiliency Groups, Service Learning and Advertures in Discovery. The successful applicant will be responsible for planning, implementing, and monitoring the SAMSA Leadership & Resiliency Program in Arviat. The successful applicant will also train and supervise an assistant coordinator.
The salary range for a qualified applicant for this position is $66,935 - $92, 587 /annum depending upon qualifications and experience and a Nunavut Northern Allowance of $21,113/annum.
Application and other Documents:
*Post-Secondary Degree in Experiential Education, Physical Education, Outdoor Recreation or Recreation Management. Equivalencies may be considered.
*Current successful Criminal Record Check AND Vulnerable Sector Search
* Experience working in cross-cultural settings
* Experience working in substance abuse prevention programs
* Couselling experience or is willing to participate in counselling training.
* Experience in planning and implementing recreational and/or educational programs
* Experience in working with at-risk youth
* Commitment to a high standard of professionalism and excellence
* Ability to plan using a collaborative approach
* Flexibility to work well with staff, youth, parents, Elders and the community
Applications must be emailed. Ensure the SUBJECT of your email states 09-LRPAR. Attach a cover letter and resume with the names of 3 current references (including your most recent supervisor). Outline your experience and qualifications in chronological order. Attached the results of the Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search and email to:
LRP Selection Committee Coordinator
Ungasiktumut Isumaksaqsiujuniq Leadership and Resiliency Program
Canada X0C 0E0