Call for Aboriginal Dolls
From: "Jennifer Bowen" Jennifer.Bowen@yac.ca
Date: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:36 am ((PDT))
Attached is an information sheet and poster regarding the upcoming Northern Dolls Exhibit being held at the 2010 Olympics and the Yukon Art Center Gallery. If you know of any Aboriginal artists who are interested in participating or you wish to participate yourself, please contact Jennifer Bowen at the Yukon Art Center Office at (867)667-8460 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is September 1, 2009.
Yukon Arts Center http://www.yukonartscentre.com/
Culture at 2010 - Visual Arts Coordinator
2010 Olympic - Northern Doll Exhibit
Call for Submission
The Yukon Arts Center is currently accepting submissions of hand-made dolls from Aboriginal Artists in Yukon, Northwest Territory, and Nunavut. Artists/Doll-makers are invited to design original dolls for the exhibit and doll owners are invited to lend dolls to the exhibit.
The dolls should represent the lifestyle of the North and its people. We are looking for a wide selection of dolls which can be contemporary or traditional and created from a variety of materials. The dolls selected by a curatorial committee, will be sent as an independent exhibit to the 2010 Vancouver Olympics, and will also be shown at the Yukon Arts Centre Public Gallery following the Olympics.
• Doll-makers/Artists, must be of Aboriginal decent and reside in Yukon, Northwest Territories or Nunavut
• Entries must be original, handmade and entirely the work of the entrant
• Entries must not be copies, derivatives, or based on other copyrighted material
• Entries will be juried from digital images submitted by internet
• No work may exceed 50 pounds in weight
• Doll-makers/Artists, may not substitute another work for an accepted work, nor withdraw the
work after it has been accepted.
• No plastic dolls accepted
• Doll-makers/Artists agree to allow accepted work to remain with the exhibit until the close of the exhibit, August 28, 2010. Artist retains all copyright on work.
• Artists will be paid CARFAC fees which are approximately $270 per doll and per exhibit. CARFAC is the federally certified representative organization of professional visual and media artists in Canada.
• The Yukon Arts Center will pay for shipping with insurance to and from the Yukon Arts Center and the Vancouver Olympic site. The doll’s value must be included for insurances purposes.
• The Yukon Arts Center reserves the right to photograph entries for the purpose of
documentation, education and publicity.
Deadline for submission: September 1, 2009
Application to Northern Doll Exhibit
Doll Description (50 to 100 words):
Materials Used and Measurements of Doll:
Application details can be copied and pasted into an email or faxed directly to 867-393-6300
All images must be sent via email to email@example.com