Just a quick reminder that the deadline for applications is next Friday February 4th, 2011. There is still time to apply!
Chilkoot Trail National Historic Site Artist Residency Program 2011
Open to professional visual artists, media artists, and interdisciplinary artists residing in Yukon or British Columbia
Yukon Arts Centre and Parks Canada are pleased to announce a new Artist Residency Program on the Chilkoot Trail. The goal of the program is allow a variety of audiences to experience their natural and cultural heritage through the eyes of artists. Each artist will spend 4 weeks on the Chilkoot Trail National Historic Site exploring, photographing, sketching and participating in park programming.
Deadline: Friday, February 4th 2011 all submissions must be postmarked by this date.
Application should include:
• Curriculum vitae, including exhibition record.
• Biography for promotional purposes
• 10 – 15 digital images (or other visual support material)
• Short statement of interest and a description of work to be carried out during the residency.
The applicant should also describe why he/she wishes to do the residency, and what particular
perspective he/she will bring to the program.
• Indication of public program (workshop/presentation to be offered at Lindeman for hikers)
• Indication of preferred residency (late June –mid-July or mid-July –mid August 2011).
• Summary of your experience backpacking or your ability to carry a heavy pack while hiking distances of 12-15 km in a day over varied terrain.
Two artists will be selected and each will receive an honorarium of $1000.00 provided by the Yukon Arts Centre.
Application forms and further information can be found at http://yukonartscentre.com/gallery.html or contact Mary Bradshaw, Gallery Director Yukon Arts Centre, 667-8485 or Rhonda Markel, Partnering and Engagement Officer, Parks Canada, 667- 3936.