The TD Michaëlle Jean Bursaries
The TD Michaëlle Jean Bursaries were created, through a joint initiative between TD Bank Group and the Michaëlle Jean Foundation, to provide funding for training and access to mentorship for young people aged 18-30, from underserved communities, who are using the arts as a tool to improve the quality of life in their communities. Priority will be given to those who have specific action plans to share their learning and experience with others.
A maximum of 3 bursaries, ranging from $5,000 to $10,000 will be awarded each year.
In order to be eligible you must:
- Be between 18 and 30 years of age
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Demonstrate experience of the impact of the arts in your underserved community/neighbourhood ("arts" are broadly defined to include all forms of creative expression)
- Propose a new project or extension of an existing project that demonstrates using the arts as tools of social change in your underserved community
- Have your project recommended by, and preferably supported by, a community association
How to apply:
Download the application form and fully complete all sections of the application. Download the application form here http://www.fmjf.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Application-Form-FINAL.docx .
- Attach letters of support from 2 people in your community who are familiar with your artistic work, volunteer or other work, or your role and impact in the community. Include telephone and (if available) e-mail contact information, as we may wish to contact them in person.
- If you wish, you may include additional information (no more than 500 words) about your project, your personal experience of disadvantage (eg. economic situation, family situations, etc.), or any special information not covered in the application form that you think we should know.
Applications will only be accepted by mail and must be received by Wednesday, May 15, 2013. Sorry, no partial or incomplete applications can be accepted.
Mail your application, letters of support and additional information (if applicable) to:
Fondation Michaëlle Jean Foundation
143 rue Séraphin-Marion Street
Ottawa, ON K1N 6N5.
You will receive notification that your application has been received.
All applications will be reviewed. A short-list of finalists will be notified and invited to present their project personally to jury members during a 10 minute in-person, Skype or teleconference interview in mid-June 2013.
Final bursary award recipients will be notified by June 30, 2013, and a special presentation will be made to them in September 2013 at The Power of the Arts National Forum at Carleton University in Ottawa.
For more information, call 1-855-626-8296.