Monday 10 May 2010

Inquiry: Female leadership among #Inuit

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Northern Research Network <research.north@gmail.com>
Date: 5 May 2010 08:55
Subject: Inquiry: Female leadership among Inuit



From: Lisa Gregoire [lisagreg@sympatico.ca]

Inquiry: Female leadership among Inuit

My name is Lisa Gregoire and I'm a freelance magazine writer based in Ottawa, Canada. I've been asked by a prominent national magazine to write a profile of Nunavut Premier Eva Aariak. One of the themes I'm exploring is female leadership among Inuit. From what I understand, traditional Inuit communities were governed equally by men and women. I would like to explore how gender roles have evolved in Inuit society and why. I wonder if any members of the Northern Research Network have examined this topic. If so, and you are willing to be interviewed on the subject, please email me. Thank you in advance. Lisa Gregoire, 613-521-2825, lisagreg@sympatico.ca

--
Northern Research Network
http://northernresearchnetwork.electrified.ca

Submit inquiries and announcements to:
research.north@gmail.com

To unsubscribe from this listserv, contact:
research.north@gmail.com

Please do not print this e-mail
unless it is necessary.