• Increase public discourse and engagement on water rights and protection issues;
• Provide greater awareness of water initiatives in the NWT;
• Identify public concerns regarding water security; and
• Introduce the public to the newly-formed NWT Chapter – around a key and critical Council of Canadians' national campaign: water.
We have confirmed the following speakers for the forum:
• Francois Paulette, respected Dene elder and environmental activist;
• Lois Little, the NWT Chapter co-chair and long-time community activist and Council of Canadians member;
• Dr. Erin Kelly, Manager, Watershed Programs and Partnerships, Land and Water Division, ENR, GNWT;
• Christine Wenman, Coordinator, Northern Waters Program, Ecology North; and
• Lawrence Nayally, Organizer, NWT Idle No More.
Following the presentations, there will an opportunity for forum participants to document their concerns about water rights and water protection. There will also be a moderated panel discussion based on questions raised by the participants.
The contact for this event is NWT Chapter co-chair Peter Redvers, who can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit us at our NWT Chapter website http://cocnwt.ca/
Please share this event. Thank you.
We hope to see you at the forum!